Monday 4 June 2012

Staying Up to watch The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Concert

It's almost 4 am here in India and I'm still up because I was up watching The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Concert.
I didn't like all the performances but I did enjoy it overall.

I'm a little envious not to be in London now, when there's a party going on. Mum's got no work all week because they're all celebrating.
*Sigh. I wish we had something like that. Oh wait, we do. PUJAS!! And they're coming :D.

Anyway, I heard the end of this wonderful song, and I couldn't knock off without hearing it again. It's Ed Sheeran's "Little Lady." When I heard it, my heart stopped. It's so lovely, though I think it's about drugs and prostitution and that the world is a cold place where good no longer survives.
Beautiful song though.

I loved Tom Jones, Shirley Bassey, Elton John, Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney as well.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, compared to fluttering heartbeat I felt when I heard Sheeran end that song. I can only imagine what my face looked like.

Though this may be disrespectful, Queen Elizabeth is a tiny thing, and she's very composed, like all the time. She didn't even laugh at her son's jokes. Well, maybe one or two, like the one about the weather. But i guess at her age even I'd be too tired to laugh at every joke those comedians cracked (most of which, mind, weren't all that funny).
On the whole, the Royal Family's really cute. And I'm so glad they have, for the most part, a good sense of humour. You could see 'em singing along with some of the performers, waving union flags and they stood up when some of the older, revered artists took the stage.

A fat guy took the stage in some kind of royal uniform (all in red with a spear and skirt) and played a recorded tape of "We Are Family" for THE ROYAL FAMILY, which was really fun to watch. But, I think most of all, I enjoyed Prince Charles' speech. It was sweet, funny, simple and genuine.

Apparently, Paul McCartney asked the Queen if they were going to do it again next year and she said, "Not in my garden." That's hilarious.    =D     ^ ^  

No comments:

Post a Comment