Thursday 7 February 2013

First time's a charm

Jhilik told me over christmas about this superbly easy recipe for italian pasta with cheese sauce. So for a first attempt I thought this would be the perfect thing to start off a long life of fine cooking.
I don't know my way around a kitchen so naturally my maids had to help me find the proper utensils, cutlery, ingredients and even light the stove. It was soooo embarassing at first.
But then I started handling the ingredients and watching the noodles cook. I felt a little bit more in control. I knew exactly what I had to do, though I was second guessing and doubting every instruction the whole time.
But trust in jhilik! That girl knows what she's doing. Masala! Cheese! Italian seasoning! Red chilli flakes! Then I added a little more italian seasoning for good measure. I reckoned there wasn't enough from just the one addition.
I put it in the bowl and smelled it properly for the first time....and it smelled delightful! I tucked in after it cooled off a bit.
It was delicious! It was better than restaurant quality italian pasta!!! It was phenomenal.
I could easily stomach another bowl of it.
I guess you can get it right the first time. Mum had to make 100 batches of cheesecake before she finally got the ingredients right and made the perfect orange cheesecake with cake base the past christmas in Scotland.
It made her so happy! It was like her Everest!
Today, italian cheese pasta. Tomorrow, orange cheesecake with a cake base. Baby steps!

I'm so glad it was a good dish today! So very very glad!

5 comments:

  1. congratulations on your achievement!!
    next time try white sauce!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Made ot for my dad yesterday. He liked it too. o_O what's white sauce (forgive my ignorance)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. white sauce is a popular sauce eaten with pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pastas you get at pizza hut or dominos sometimes have white sauce in them:)

    ReplyDelete